Graphic design is a sector of technically driven skill that integrates with websites and app creation. Anything on the internet needs images to be appealing to the audience section. Graphic designing is today an employment sector for many professionals. Professionals are always in search of good graphic design software that helps them increase their productivity.
Good graphic design software has to create a balance between speed and style to support and amplify a designer’s creativity in the best way possible. From logos to web designs, there are many areas in which software for graphics design can be utilized. In the present day, there are many graphic design software options that professionals experiment with. Besides, the best software for graphic design can make it easier to create intricate designs within a few minutes.
On the other hand, graphic design software options are also introducing new updates with time. In such cases, a professional can be confused about which software to choose for the best graphic output. In this article, we talk about the best design software for graphics so that a designer will be able to find the best one for his work. The article focuses on the 13 best graphic design software with special attention to key highlights and pros and cons of each software.
What is the best graphic design software in the market today?
Are you looking for the best and most powerful software that can meet your graphic design requirements? Well, to help you out with this, we have brought you the graphic design software list that includes some of the best tools for graphics designing.
As the best software for graphic design, Adobe Photoshop is a part of graphic designers’ most basic tools. The software is great for editing photos and graphics. The entire tool has great software packages for minute editing and graphic designing.
- Design tools- Offers designing capabilities for both mobile and web development.
- Creative cloud –The features on offer expand with the integration of the tool with the Adobe Creative Cloud. The cloud integration supports the graphic designing process with multiple features.
- User interface- The tool has a customized user interface that offers a personal work experience to the graphic designer. The user interface provides targeted workspace layouts to designers.
- Easy to use designer software with an interactive user interface
- Rich set of typography and drawing tools
- Includes 3D designing tools and features
- Recurring payments on the subscription model are not the most economic
- It might overwhelm the designer with the features it provides.
The tool comes at a subscription fee ofUS$31.49 per month.
The tool Adobe InDesign is great graphic design software for designers who work closely with publishers. The tool helps designers in designing and creating brochures, info sheets, and magazine layouts. The layouts created on Adobe InDesign can be exported to PDF or HTML easily.
- Ease of use- The tool offers a low learning curve and is easy for graphic designing beginners.
- Adjust layout – Allows minor text changes without major changes in designs. The design created by Adobe InDesign is adaptable to changes.
- Sensei technology- AI-powered technology that helps in image resizing and rearrangement
- Combination of texts and graphics with ease with better optimization.
- Allows designers to add text highlights, tags, and hyperlinks in content
- Resizing of images simultaneously over multiple design frames
- Less intuitive UI can be challenging
- More expensive than other software options for the same functionality
This professional pc graphic design software without Cloud Integration comes for $20.99 per month.
As one of the widely used graphic design applications, the CorelDraw tool has a highly accessible and intuitive UI that has multiple sub tools and apps that help in the great editing of graphics and text.
- Content Exchange-The tool is integrated with Corel’s online image library that has high-resolution pictures that users can access for graphic designing purposes.
- Flexible payments- The tool offers three payment programs that help maintain flexibility in payments.
- Customizable UI- The tool has a customizable UI which is good for the personalization of features and their use.
- The tool offers an app workflow framework with innovation to boost productivity
- Works without any lag with Surface Pen
- Smooth working in both desktop and tablet with enabled touch features
- No complimentary applications on offer
- Not easy to use for designer novices
The CorelDraw tool comes for $20.75/month. Moreover, you get the tool suite for free for the first 15 days.
Illustrator, an amazing software for designing, is meant for designers who regularly design page layouts, digital artworks, and corporate logos. The tool is more for creative work than technicalities.
- Highly customizable- The UI of the tool is highly customizable with preset layouts for the designer. Users can easily change the layout and navigate through it.
- In panel editing- The in panel editing feature allows the designer to edit multiple designs with a single action without major issues.
- Compatible- The tool is compatible with multiple devices and operating systems.
- Instead of stored pixels, the tool creates clear and clean lines that are more print compatible
- Generates very small size graphic files that are easy to store and send
- Access to millions of images and styles for use
- Costly as compared to other tools in the same area
- The tool itself can take up a lot of space on your device
The tool comes at US$20.99 per month.
The graphics software Inkscape is a capable tool that creates scalable images that can be resized easily. The tool creates graphics of good resolution that do not fluctuate in quality over different platforms.
- User Experience- The tool scores well on the UX front with an interactive UI. It is easy to operate for designers who are well versed with Adobe
- Robust community- The tool has a strong community of user designers who provide regular updates on designing software and trends
- Free of the cost-The tool is free of cost
- Supports multiple gradients and helps in the creation of complex combinations
- Has Bezier handles that allow smooth movement of nodes
- The user can easily download or create plugins with the tool
- The streaming text of the design needs to convert to plain text before export
- The Mac version of Inkscape is not error-free
It is open-source graphic design software that is free to use.
Sketch, one of the popular graphic design tools among professional graphic designers, is a vector-based graphic designing software. The tool is suited for web design, app design, and interface layout.
- Lower costs- The yearly subscription to Sketch comes at a lower price than other tools.
- Great for mobile and web- The tool is compatible with designing web layouts and app layouts. The tool supports resolution for multiple screen ratios.
- Screen templates- The tool has a library of preset templates for iOS designs and web designs
- Easy to collaborate and share work with the tool on the web and in the cloud
- It can be used to mirror the output design on larger devices or target devices for a better view
- Export of any layer as a PNG file
- It still needs a lot of enhancement as it is new in the market
- Available only on Mac Platforms
The yearly subscription to Sketch is only $9 on Mac.
The cheaper alternative to Adobe Illustrator, Affinity Designer, is a cleaner and much more polished graphic design tool. It is also faster in productivity than Illustrator.
- A smart grid system- The grid system of Affinity helps in establishing total control over angles and movements
- Snapping- The snapping feature allows designers to place and lock multiple elements with alignment
- Dual Work Mode- In the dual environment of Sketch with Vector art environment and Pixel driven environment, the designer is flexible for experimentation.
- Onscreen guides for proper placement of elements and layout of the design
- Smooth and accurate curves in Vector modes
- It combines multiple shapes and allows proper editing and altering
- Does not support the export of files in AI.
- Absence of a natural perspective grid
- Some tools are not the same as Illustrator.
The graphic design tool comes at a one-time cost of $54.99 on a desktop.
This designer software is a reliable editing software tool that is more than just photo editing software. The tool offers multiple professional-level features to users.
- Flexible- GIMP has a customizable app interface that includes multiple additional plugins when needed.
- Regular updates- The GIMP community has a strong community of graphic designers who provide regular updates on graphic designing tools and trends.
- Compatibility- The tool has compatibility with multiple OS and devices for better migration of work
- It incorporates drawing actions and output with pencils and an airbrush
- Offers tutorials to new and existing users on better creation techniques
- Has a switchable multiple or single-window interface
- The user interface is not properly used for Mac users
- The developer community is not as large as that of other tools.
It is an open-source framework that comes with zero costs.
The Xara Designer Pro X offers multiple advanced designer tools for designing better graphics. The tool is good for web design and print design elements.
- Direct action tools- The tool has a suite of direct action tools that have several functions with zero lags
- Drag and drop- The drag and drop feature allows the designer to manipulate design elements with speed and ease.
- Performance- The user-friendly tool for graphic designing has a high performance.
- The tool offers a lot of editing options to designers, including dragging and rotating elements
- It improves the quality of on-screen images
- Has cloud capabilities for accessing and editing documents via multiple devices
- The availability is restricted to Windows
- It has a steep learning curve that is not good for beginners
The tool comes for $16.95 per month.
The Gravit Designer is an HTML-based graphic designer tool. It is great to work with high-quality vector design elements.
- Integrated Dashboard- The dashboard of the designer tool is a complete one that allows the designer to control the actions and output
- Pages- The pages feature is unique to Gravit with a mix of artboard and pages in canvas settings
- Tools and effects- The software offers multiple tools and effects for designing
- A modern, customizable UI that is easy to use
- Supports the design of social media posts for multiple platforms
- Has both web browser and desktop version for flexibility of use
- No proper information about the software from verified sources
- There is no real-time collaboration feature for teamwork and multiple inputs
The base version of Gravit Designer comes free of cost with limited features.
When it comes to choosing some of the best design programs, you can’t forget Photoscape. Photoscape is a graphic design tool that is made for creating and managing photo archives. It is a beginner-friendly tool good for professionals too.
- Editing tools – It can be a one-stop solution for editing with an image editor, batch editor, and other tools in the editing toolkit.
- Multi-lingual- The tool is multi-lingual, which is great for global designer teams collaborating on a large scale project
- UI design- The UI of the tool is simple and easy to use.
- The batch editor is a good feature that allows designers to edit multiple pictures with few commands.
- It has a converter that can open raw images and change them in format.
- It is compatible with multiple OS and devices
- There are very few advanced features as compared with other editing tools
- It does not work on Linux systems
The Photoscape tool is completely free of cost
The tool Genially is a text to graphics tool that allows the designer to take text and convert it to graphics that suit different platforms like blogs, social media channels, etc.
- A designer can easily choose from a library of templates. The templates will then help in the creation of a post with text.
- The tool creates simple and effective graphics that can be easily shared in multiple channels.
- The tool creates multiple types of images with texts like infographics, business presentations, and social media posts with typography.
- Easy upload presentations are created with Genially
- Choice of multiple templates from an extensive library.
- Offers training material and tutorials that help a designer learn its use
- The user interface can be a little confounding for beginners
- The free version does not support the import of files
The pricing plans for the Genially tool start with $7.49 per month at the pro level.
The tool Vectr is graphic design software that helps create new and beautiful Vector art for design purposes. The tool also lets the designer edit and customize existing projects.
- Vectr also offers a free Chrome Plugin for use and enhanced experience.
- The user interface of Vectr is beginner-friendly and easy to navigate.
- The tool also supports real-time sharing for collaborative work across multiple teams.
- Creation of scalable and high-quality vector images and elements
- Sharing of projects online among team members for better productivity
- AI-powered image resizing according to the overall layout.
- No desktop version is available and is restricted to only smartphones and tablets.
The software comes for free without any hidden charges.
Why work with good graphic design software?
The design software programs are the weapon of every designer working on a project. A good graphic designer software makes all the difference in the output. Without the right tool, the designer can not translate his creativity onto the screen.
A good graphic designer tool is flexible with the platforms it supports and the features it extends to designers. This gives the designer enough room to work with.
Good graphic design software is cost-efficient and budget-friendly for the designer. The designer must not feel like his money is wasted on purchasing the tool.
Great graphic designer software help organizations establish a brand in the social space and marketing sector by maintaining the uniformity of graphics sent into channels.
Choose a graphic software that is available in mobile app format. So that you can use these tools on the go. Using graphics designing apps, you can complete your project anytime and anywhere you want. All you need to do is download the apps and install them on your devices. Make sure that you can use the tools in both Mac OS and Windows OS.
What is the workflow of graphic designer software?
There are many graphic design software applications for different purposes. However, there is a basic workflow for all graphic design software. Some of the steps in the workflow are as follows
Creating a new document
In every graphic designer software, the process starts with the creation of a new document on which the designer works. The designer can also select a template from an existing library for the same purpose.
Access the Raw camera panel
For working with raw images and doing photo editing, the designer has to access the camera roll through the raw panel. After accessing, the designer can choose the photo he wants to edit.
Good graphic design software has an integrated dashboard that helps control all actions and projects centrally. On the dashboard, the designer and his team can see all the images they are working on at the moment.
Well, finding the best graphic design software for your project can be a challenging task when you have fewer factors to consider. But after going through this article, you can easily choose the right one for you from this graphic designing software list.
Besides, you need to consider some other important factors here. For example, the company has to look at the projects at hand and the skills needed for them. The company has to also look at the manpower they have in the present time and choose a software they are already trained in.
Here are a few things to decide between buying graphic designer software on-
- Budget- The graphic design software has to be within the budget limit. It should not be overpriced.
- The plethora of features– The graphic design software you choose should have good and intuitive features that make your work easier and better.
- Collaboration– As a professional, you should choose graphic design software that allows project sharing and collaboration.
A look at these pointers will help your company in choosing the best graphic design tools for your team to come up with a perfect design for your website, web, or mobile application.